Sausage Mushroom Dressing
- Posted on
- half dozen bacon strips, diced
- one pound of recent mushrooms, sliced
- 1 massive onion, shredded
- two celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- twenty-eight cups of stale bread cubes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage,
- seared and drained
- 2 1/4 cups broth
in a very large skillet, cook bacon till crisp. take away paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings. Saute the mushrooms, onion, celery, and garlic within the drippings and butter till tender.
Stir in the sage, salt, and pepper. In many massive bowls, mix the mushroom mixture, bread cubes, sausage, broth, and bacon; toss to coat.
Transfer to 2 lubricated 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes. cowl and bake at 350 degrees F for forty-five minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until gently browned.